Sunday, September 13, 2009

The man in the mustache.

One grey day.
A threat of rain,
but nothing waters.
We are dry still.

Satiation at the coffee shop
welcomed by a poor sore throat.
One-two-three,
and happy jitters arrive
-on time-
with the otherwordly beats of a DJ's complex machinery.

Transcendence to a different place
where people speak in electronica,
awkward rhythms
and colors.
Psychedelia drawn in pastels-
vivid in time,
divine in nature.

And the man in the mustache kicks out the jams.
And the man in the mustache kicks out the jams.

2 comments:

  1. I love it when you post your poems. This one did not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember this mustached guy...his bass-looped melodies and chunky beats were such a welcome change to the usual coffee shop jazz and whinging singer-songwriting. And that vintage Rhodes organ; I wanted to meet him right away, even before I saw the mustache. Didn't you? I like the poetry he inspired you to write.

    ReplyDelete