Monday, July 25, 2011

Ah, I just died in your arms tonight...

*The title of this post has nothing to do with the content therein. It was the song I was listening to at the time when I was trying to come up with a title.


...Well, it's unofficially official: I have recently re-acquired my writing mojo. My writin' jones. I have been intravenously re-infected with the writing bug. Like a guy who only sort of seems to like you, my desire to write disappeared unexplained for a while. And like a guy who only sort of seems to like you, it reappeared and called me out of the blue. I answered, confused and purposefully annoyed-sounding, but on the inside, I rejoiced and welcomed it with relief back into my life. Such is the life of a writer and a girl who guys maybe sort of sometimes probably like in a half-assed fashion.

Like the disappearance of the elusive Peanut Butter Snickers back in the '80s, no one can really explain the disappearance of my writer's thumb. Or index finger. I'm just glad both the candy bar and my writing have re-appeared to a crowd of anxious, adoring fans. Dry spells just happen for "creative types" I guess. And for whatever reason, my compulsive need to ramble on aimlessly in written form about my mundane daily dealings was relegated to sit on the back burner, like the grotesquely gurgling, spattering pot of gravy-mush that it is. There is no one or no one thing to blame for bringing it back. But if I had to blame/thank someone, it would be the people who have told me that I am an un-bad writer and that my writing is not akin to eating crap on toast for breakfast. I wouldn't know, because my restricted diet does not allow me to eat crap-toast for breakfast, so I will just have to trust them. So to you folks: thank you. I am back, new and improooved. (Now with 30% less sugar and 50% more cholesterol!)

The problem is, I don't know what to write about anymore. Nothing and everything has happened in my life as of late. Nothing has happened in the "I'm really cool/important and travel all around the world and eat adventurous foods and am incredibly captivating" way. But everything has happened in the "Personal journey where no one travels but they learn way too much about themselves and still feels themselves growing up at age 25" way. I am at a turning point both in life and as a writer. But as I've been counseled to do by various friends (who probably secretly think I'm way too tightly wound), I will stop over-thinking things and pick a candy bar, dammit/go out with that guy/dance like a moron.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Oh, Kelly. I'm so glad you're writing again. I need to be writing again, too. But I don't have a writer's thumb or index finger. My writing limb is my middle finger. I become frustrated way too easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the writing world dearest. It has missed you.

    ReplyDelete